University of Iceland
Google scholar: F0X7c2YAAAAJ
- University of Iceland B.Sc.
in physics 1978
- University of Alberta, M.Sc.
in theoretical physics 1980.
Supervisor Prof. M. Razavy.
- University of Alberta, Ph.D.
in theoretical physics 1985.
Supervisor Prof. Y. Takahashi.
- University of Alberta, teaching
- University of Alberta, research
- Max-Planck Institute for Solid
State Research, Stuttgart,
group of Prof.
K. von Klitzing 1985-1988
- Science Institute,
research fellow 1988-1991
- University of Iceland, lector
- University of Iceland, docent
(associate professor) 1992-1996
- University of Iceland, professor
(full professor) 1996
- Chairman of the physics
department, University of Iceland,
- Member of the Board of
1999 - 2001
- Chairman of the board of
- Vice-chairman of the board of the Science Institute,
University of Iceland, 1999-2002
- Chairman of the physics section at the Science Institute,
- Chairman of the board of Science Institute,
University of Iceland, 2003-2006.
Field of research
- Theory of electronic systems in dimensionally reduced
semiconductors; 2DEG, quantum dots and wires, ground state
properties, magnetization, far-infrared absorption, transport,
interacting mesoscopic systems in magnetic field.
Transport through photon cavities.
Time-dependent phenomena in
nanosystems. Open systems.
159 articles are submitted to, or published in refereed
international journals or conference proceedings. (141 ISI)
The full list of publications is available on the web with the URL:
with most of the publications hyperlinked.